Hamlet of Canizzano

The toponym can be referred to the abundance of rushes that grew along the Sile's river banks. Canizzano was considered as the "village of the mills" for a long time. The river's water, particularly quick in this point, had been used for the mill activities since very ancient times: the first documents referring to the presence of the mills in Canizzano and Mure (a locality east of the church) date back to the 14th century. A valuation of 1499 reports the presence of 22 wheels in Canizan, except for the municipality of Mure. The last mill, called Granello, was closed in 1985.

Municipality: Treviso (TV) | | View on Map
 
share-stampashare-mailshare-twittershare-facebookQR Code