Village of Trepalade

It was named after the three barrier palisades built within the Sile river to force the boats to draw up at the river bank, where the building of the customs was situated. Due to its customs role, this locality was also called "Scrivania" (meaning desk).
This place was the passage zone between the Venetian dominion and the Marca Trevigiana, therefore it also played an important strategical role. The village, which rose around 1500, was built near the point where the Siloncello canal (also called Sioncello, Sigaia, Cigaia) joins the Sile river through a basin called "le portesine" - still existing - built in 1682 and rebuilt in 1684, and around the "Granza", a building which included the church dedicated to St. Magno, a bishop who was born in Alino, the inn, a warehouse owned by the Benedictine monks of St. Stephen of the monastery in Altino.

Municipality: Quarto d'Altino (VE) | | View on Map
 
share-stampashare-mailshare-twittershare-facebookQR Code